The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles is again this year holding its “Diver Suspension Eligibility Week,” meaning that certain drivers can apply to reduce or clear remaining time of their driver’s license suspension. The Following suspensions may qualify for this:
- Drivers suspended for operating an unlicensed taxi.
- Underage drivers suspended for excessive points.
- Drivers suspended for driving under suspension excluding drug or alcohol related convictions.
- Drivers suspended for operating an uninsured vehicle they did not own.
- Drivers suspended for operating or allowing operation of an uninsured vehicle.
The drivers who meet the above criteria must complete all of the conditions of their suspensions including paying all of the fines and fees and providing an SR-22 Certificate of Insurance.
This is a helpful program that the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles puts on and is a good opportunity for people get their driving privileges reinstated.
For more information on this, please contact the SC DMV.